It has been 20 years since my husband and I have been alone on vacation together. So this year, to wrap up a summer of hard work and long hours, we are taking a road trip. We settled on Washington D.C. as our destination.
To keep the peace, we established a few road trip rules:
1. If one of us wants to stop, we stop.
2. Driver controls the radio
3. Avoid interstates
4. Colleen controls the temperature
5. We cannot book a hotel before noon of that day.
6. No chain restaurants
7. No calorie counting
8. Reading road signs out loud encouraged
9. Colleen gets to pick the hotel
10. Turning around for something cool is allowed!
The Jeep is packed....we are off!