Happy New Year!

I can't believe it has been so long since my last post! Delayed New Year's resolution is to blog more often.... Starting today.

I went to see the Kerlan Collection at the University of Minnesota yesterday with Linda, it was awesome!!!!!! It was amazing to see the original sketches, drawings, watercolors..... For 4 hours we dug through boxes but only managed to get through 4 of them. We definitely need to go back and see more. I really wanted to see the "Humble Pie" box by Stephen Gammell. The library employee told us it was about 45 pounds and she could not bring it up by herself. We offered to help or better yet just be let loose in the archives, but she did not thing we were as charming as we seemed to thing we were. Go figure!?! I think we might need a whole day just for that box next time! Of course we didn't do anything correctly from the start. We didn't pre-register or request boxes, so she was annoyed with us from the minute we walked in, although I think we did win her over in the end.

After 4 hours our stomaches were growling so loud and we were so parched, we had to call it a day.... no food or drink around all those precious artifacts! One box we looked at the artist had spilled his coffee on his drawings, I know how frustrating that can be!!!

So now that I am inspired to work even harder....FYI that means less house cleaning, my apologies if you plan to visit anytime soon....I spent the entire day in my art studio. Back to reality tomorrow, working six 12 hour shifts in the next 7 days. I wonder if my pencil and paper miss me as much as I miss them when I am away?

Comments

Popular Posts