SCBWI....The Prep

For my non children's book friends...SCBWI is code for Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. For my medical friends "The Prep" does not include large amounts of Gatorade and Metamucil.

My flight is at 2:45 tomorrow. I'm hoping for a better flight experience than my last one. Today is all about getting ready and trying to keep the "forgot to bring" list to a minimum. I'm relying on public transportation and my limited knowledge of Los Angeles for survival, so the inevitable trip to Target after I get there, is questionable. Do they go to Target in LA? Maybe only movie stars personal assistants have the secret map to "the unmentionable places" (sounds like something you find in Harry Potter). I mean, when was the last time you saw a Target store lurking in the background on the red carpet? I don't care to see where the stars live. I want to know where Sylvester Stallone buys his toothpaste!

So follow my official SCBWI journal to learn all about LA or at least about the inside of the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, where I will be spending most of my time.

Comments

Popular Posts