Elvis Lives! AGAIN!

I am reposting one of my favorite posts.  I've been locked away too long in this Minnesota winter and need  people connections!  Enjoy.


   I was watching a documentary on Jerry Weintraub and he told the story about how he landed Elvis. I had heard of Mr. Weintraub before, but I never realized what an interesting life story he has. I highly recommend watching this insightful documentary about believing in yourself and making a connection with people. Yes, I mean real live people.  Mr Weintraub's success wasn't about focus groups, target audiences, and marketing strategies.  It was about his amazing ability to connect with people. Through his persistence and hard work he developed relationships, that would inevitably result in someone taking a chance.
     So I kicked off my blue suede shoes, sat on the couch with my hound dog and sketched while I watched the show and this is what I came up with.  Please, don't be cruel...

     Now suspicious minds would wonder why I was watching a documentary on Jerry Weintraub if I don't really know who he is, and I will admit to being a documentary junkie, plus the show expires 1/31 on HBO on demand, so I thought, it's now or never.   It was not a rag to riches story per say and Jerry (I think it's okay if I call him Jerry) did not start out life in the ghetto.  His father was a traveling salesman and taught him the importance of working hard for what you want and a never ending belief in yourself.
     One of the reasons I have a burning love for documentaries or even biographies about people (mostly successful, but not always) is they always seem to tell the same basic story that I think we forget nowadays.  HARD WORK, HARD WORK AND PEOPLE!! Also sprinkle in a healthy dose of self belief and a little good luck charm and you could be the next Jerry Weintraub.
     So whether I am working my "real" full time job or spending every free moment, drawing, writing, blogging, tweeting, facebooking, pintresting, reading and researching, (Funny, it sounds like I am trying to connect with people?!) I will continue to take time out for the occasional documentary.  I can't help falling in love with stories about people who surrender to their dreams and make it!
     For people looking to connect with another person (No, this is not a dating site, I have been happily married for 25 years) I am a hard headed woman with a burning love for children's books and I won't get all shook up if you don't like my sketch of a teddy bear.  Are you lonesome tonight? Tweet me.  A little less conversation? Follow me on Pintrest.  For fool's such as I, just can't help believin' that I will make it someday doing what I love, developing amazing relationships along the way and praying my promotional postcards and query letters don't come back stamped "Return To Sender."
     Off to spend time with my big hunk of love..... The best relationship of all!

Comments

Popular Posts