No Whining At Vineyards

     We did a second day in Washington DC and SURVIVED!  The National Art Museum was amazing.  Original Van Gogh,  Picasso, Renior, Degas, Monet, O'Keefe....I could go on forever!  I couldn't believe how close I was to these amazing works of art.   Things I had only seen online or in a book, were right in front of my face.  I love seeing the brush strokes, thickness of paint and crackles from age.  I would get my face right up to a painting and examine all the little details....although a security guard did weirdly follow me around for about a half hour, I think he thought I was sniffing the paintings or something :/  It was worth the pain, sweat and a few crabby moments (sorry Dick).  I highly recommend a trip to Washington DC....just remember to wear tennis shoes!!

                                                               Van Gogh- Self Portrait

     Car repacked and back on the road.   A day of sitting in the car as beautiful scenery whipped past was very appealing at this point.  We are headed to Upstate NY Finger Lakes....wine country!  Dick's half of our adventure begins.  We did stop at Gettysburg and tour the museum and had lunch at an adorable Inn, in a stone basement by candlelight.  The Gettysburg Museum had this really cool cyclorama      
http://www.nps.gov/gett/historyculture/gettysburg-cyclorama.htm .  I was amazed it was painted in the 1800's. 



 The Appalachian Mountains are gorgeous.  We came across this covered bridge and I had to get out and take a few pictures. 





Soon we were in wine country.  I love staying in the charming little town of Geneva, right on the shores of Lake Seneca.


We had a great time!  Tasted lots of wine.....bought lots of wine :)  We are back home and glad to see our puppies.  Thanks to my daughter Nicole for puppy sitting and Patty and Mitch for helping out!  I am already thinking about where to go next year....we have a lot of vacations to make up for!!!!!

                                                                         Back Home!

Comments

Popular Posts